WordPress is great for blogging and basic Web sites. What many people don’t know it it’s also a great platform for business automation, including e-commerce. In this blog we’ll go over the steps to selling online with WordPress.
If you are looking to get into e-commerce with a new Web site quickly and easily, taking advantage of the WordPress ecosystem is an ideal first step.
At Frametag Media, we help businesses sell online without the hassle. The setup project typically involves:
- Deployment of a new WordPress instance
- Setting up a security certificate (browsers now display warnings on sites that are not secure)
- Installing the e-commerce plugins (e.g. WooCommerce)
- Integrate a payment gateway (e.g. PayPal, Square, etc)
- Apply a chosen theme, or get a new theme developed
- Test the sales process
- Update your domain’s DNS record so the domain points to the new site
- Go live and start selling!
We can also do a 1 hour training session to show you how to update your store at any time.
Of course, there are other things to consider when selling online – such as managing your postage fees and deliveries – but if you want to start selling quickly WordPress is a great way to go.
Once live, you can start selling online and through your social channels and be creative with the type of products you offer, including:
- Straight sales
- “Made to order” products
- Lessons and training courses
- Subscriptions (buy a box of meat once a month)
- Gift vouchers (redeemed online or in store)
- Corporate and business packages
- Group experiences (e.g. $100 per person for a 2-hour class, minimum 5 people)
There are really no limits to the number of offerings you can have in your store.
Plugins and more plugins to help your business
The power of WordPress can be extended with plugins. This allows you to extended the value of your online store to the business over time
Example plugins include Xero integration, custom fields, social connectors and thousands more.
Contact us today if you have any questions or want to get started. We’re based on the NSW Central Coast (East Gosford) and are here to help.